Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fave Recipes

Over the years, I have moved out of my comfort zone and started cooking meals that weren't Hamburger Helper or Mac & Cheese related :) As easy as those meals are, they also get old really fast. I've had a lot of recipes that I've found (or come up with) and are now some of my faves! So, I'm going to share a few with you :) Sorry but I don't remember where I got most of them, b/c I've kinda committed them to memory!


Starbuck's Frozen Frappuccino - Makes 2 "Grande" Drinks

3/4 cup Double-Strength Coffee, Cold
1 cup milk
3T sugar
2 Cups Ice

Put it all in the blender and voila! I prefer the flavored Frappuccino's though. I always make Caramel, but this will probably work with about any flavor. I put in 3T of Caramel Syrup (or whatever syrup you like). Since I am pregnant, I use Decaf coffee right now, but normally I use regular old breakfast blend. Nothing fancy! I, personally, didn't notice a HUGE difference using Starbuck's brand coffee over another brand in the mix.


This next recipe isn't much different than the Starbuck's recipe. The only difference is taht you add ice cream and regular strength coffee.

Arby's Jamocha Shake - Makes 2 Large Drinks

1 cup cold coffee
1 cup milk
3T sugar
3 cups vanilla ice cream
3T chocolate syrup

Blend the coffee, milk, and sugar in a blender for about 15 seconds to dissolve the sugar. Then, add the ice cream and chocolate syrup and voila! Simple :)


I thought of this one b/c we just had it for dinner last night (and lunch today). It's REALLY simple, doesn't take many ingredients, and is yummy!

Penne Chicken Ranch Pasta

1 Envelope Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
2 1/2 cups Penne Pasta (we prefer the Bertolli Whole Wheat)
8T Butter (1 stick)
1 cup frozen peas & carrots, thawed
3 cups diced chicken (or turkey if you prefer)

Cook & Drain the pasta using the directions on the box. Then, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the envelope of Ranch. Stir until mixed really well. Add the peas, carrots, and chicken and coat them well with the sauce. Finally, add the pasta, mix really well and serve! Easy peasy :)


This recipe is considered a "legend" in the world of paranormal investigating in Colorado Springs! LOL A group my husband and I are a part of in Colorado, called Colorado Springs Paranormal Association, was having a training session at our house. I told everyone I would make dinner and this is what I made!! It was a HUGE hit. Granted, the paranormal "barking spiders" that came afterwards... not such a huge hit. HAHA Anyway, so, Bev and Paul, the leaders and owners of the group, would request this often after that day.

Enchilada Bake

10 tortilla shells
2 cans Hormel No-Bean chili
1 can red enchilada sauce (we prefer Old El Paso)
Shredded Mexican Cheese blend
Sour Cream

In a large bowl, mix together the chili and enchilada sauce. Using kitchen sheers, cut up half the tortillas into bite sized pieces and layer into the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish. Pour half the sauce mixture over the tortilla pieces. Cut and spread the remaining tortilla shells over the sauce layer. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the tortilla shells. Top with a layer of cheese (as much or as little as you want). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream! YUMMMMMMMY!


This is another recipe that is really cheap to make and tastes fabulous!

Sloppy Joe Casserole

1 lb ground beef (we prefer ground turkey)
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/4 cup water
1t Worcestershire sauce
1t black pepper
1 package refrigerated biscuits (10 pack)
1/2 Shredded Cheddar cheese

Cook and drain the meat and return it to the skillet. Add the water, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato soup to the meat and cook until boiling. Spoon the mixture into a 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole dish. Layer the biscuits on top of the mixture around the outer edge. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef mixture as soon as you take it out of the oven.

That's it! Quick, easy, and yummy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment