Friday, April 20, 2012

Cloth Diaper Obsession

When my daughter was a baby, I used disposable diapers. I didn't think anything of it b/c that's what everyone I knew used. The problem with the disposables, was the cost. I hated how much money we spent per month on diapers. So, what did we do? We bought cheaper diapers. The problem with some of the cheaper diapers was that they didn't hold up as well, they leaked, etc.

Now that I'm FINALLY pregnant with my 2nd child, a boy, Lucas, I realized how much baby stuff we were going to need to buy. Since we haven't had a baby in almost 8 years and this one is a different gender, we literally were starting over. So, we needed EVERYTHING. That was a bit scary to think about!

One thing that I didn't have to think twice about was diapers. This time around, I decided we were going to cloth diaper. It saves you thousands (literally) of dollars a year, they are so freakin' cute now, and waaaaaay easier (in case you are thinking of the diapers of 1950).

I have a TON of friends that cloth diaper their babies and have been keeping myself well informed. Anyway, I'm not writing this to push cloth diapering on anyone (although I HIGHLY recommend it). I'm just stating what we plan to do with our baby.

The ONLY issue I've had while buying all the stuff I need to cloth diaper Lucas, is that they are SO DARN CUTE!!! It's terrible. I've become OBSESSED. I am constantly looking on all the diaper sites I can all the time. I'm always looking for cute, unique, and fun patterns. I'm buying different styles and types to try out and it's honestly hard to stop! LOL With so many cute options and styles, how can I resist??

I mean... LOOK AT THIS CUTENESS!!!!

3214


These are Blueberry Coveralls, Snaps and require a prefold or fitted diaper underneath. This is just a diaper cover. You can check out more information on the Blueberry brand (by Swaddlebee's), by going HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment